position: Executive Administrative Assistant
Part Time (25 hours/week), On-Site
The Foundation is looking for an Executive Assistant to schedule and facilitate meetings, process donor gifts and help thank donors, maintain a shared file system, pay bills and manage finances, respond to emails and calls, and assist in the production of marketing materials and events for the ImagineIF Library Foundation.
We’ve got a big year ahead of us. The ImagineIF Foundation is launching a capital campaign and will be fundraising aggressively, so we’ll need an Executive Assistant to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the Foundation continue uninterrupted while the Executive Director focuses on fundraising for this demanding project.
1. Provide administrative support to the Executive Director. Tasks might include calendar management, bill paying, bank deposits, expense reimbursement, mail processing, answering the office phone, responding to emails, and general office maintenance.
2. Accept and acknowledge donor gifts. Communicating our gratitude to donors and managing their gifts responsibly is the most important function of the Foundation. The Executive Admin will accepts charitable gifts via mail and online, record and deposit donations, record donor information in a donor database, and generate receipts and thank you mailings for donors.
3. Provide administrative support to Foundation Board Members. The Foundation has one full time staff member and a volunteer board of 16 members. Tasks might include expense reimbursement, meeting minute collection and distribution, technical support for our shared file system, and assistance inviting attendees to library tours, benefits and events.
4. Coordinate meetings. Tasks might include attendee management, room set-up and issue resolution, preparing meeting materials (reports, agendas, and handouts), and collecting and filing meeting minutes.
5. Assist with event management. The foundation has one major fundraiser every March, one library tour and lunch per month, several benefits in partnership with local businesses and 2-4 more intimate fundraising dinners and donor appreciation events throughout the year.
6. Maintain physical filing system and shared Google Drive
· Highly proficient in QuickBooks, proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and GSuite
· Familiarity with Giftworks donor software a plus but not required
· Familiarity with Squarespace CMS and Stripe payment processing a plus but not required
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience in Administrative or Project Management roles preferred
The Ideal Candidate
You are tactful and diplomatic. You have unimpeachable integrity. You take pride in your work. You don’t mind taking direction, but once you know what you’re doing, you’re able to work independently, meet deadlines and hold yourself to your own high standards. You know that communication is crucial, and you’re a strong writer, speaker and proofreader. You are super organized (but, miraculously, not neurotic about it). You know that details matter so you double check your work and follow-up to make sure tasks are completed with precision.
Most importantly, people like being around you. You are good-humored, kind, and bring positivity to your working environment.
· Flexibility: This job is 25 hours a week on-site with a lot of flexibility. The Executive Admin and the Executive Director will work together to arrange a schedule that works for everyone.
· Time off: The office is closed on all public and bank holidays.
· Training: A successful candidate will be allowed a modest training budget and encouraged to use it, helping expand his or her skills in non-profit and administrative work.
$20/hour, up to 25 hours/week
What You’ll Love About Working Here
· A mission that matters: The ImagineIF Libraries are one of the Flathead Valley’s most vital and innovative resources. They are award-winning nexuses of creativity, exploration and self-discovery. When you work for the Foundation, you keep the ImagineIF Libraries funded so they can keep changing lives.
· Great people: Our board doesn’t bicker. Our director doesn’t gripe. Our donors sing our praises. And the staff at ImagineIF Libraries? You won’t find a smarter, kinder, more creative group of people anywhere.
· Work that stays at work: We understand that the most important things in your life are probably happening outside of work. We will build a schedule that works for you and we won’t bug you when you aren’t on the clock.
· A profound impact: We are going to build a new library during the course of this contract! When this position expires, you will have a substantial accomplishment under your belt (and on your resume).
· Opportunities to grow: If you’ve always wanted to cut your teeth at fundraising, marketing and communications, or strategic planning, there will be ample opportunity for a motivated candidate to pitch in on projects where they’ll develop those skills.
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing why you think you are an ideal candidate to email@example.com. Links to personal websites or social accounts are welcome if appropriate.
The ImagineIF Library Foundation board will be conducting interviews at the end of July. If this posting is still up, the job is still open.